Previously known as Art of Light, the company started off supplying Lighting and Sets to the events industry in 1985. A partnership between Gearhouse SA and Art Of Light in 2004 resulted in a new company, Gearhouse In2Structures, which began specialising in structures for events. Industry interest in our bespoke staging structures led to early structural developments such as the Maxi and Flat Truss domes and later the Combi and SupaDome venues, whilst ongoing rental demands promoted the development of auxiliary systems such as specialised entrances, foyers, air conditioning, finishes and transportation.
The resultant distinctive in2Structures Domes are designed, manufactured and distributed in South Africa. We operate from 2,500 sqm of workshops and offices with an additional 1,500 sqm of warehousing space in Kew, Johannesburg and supply locally and internationally to specification.
Our comprehensive after sales service includes onsite training for build up / breakdown and maintenance. Where a structure is ordered for touring purposes it is delivered with stillages and packaging to promote easy truck loading and minimise handling of parts.
All our temporary structures are certified by consulting structural engineers and come with a comprehensive installation / loading / assembly / maintenance manual.
The Dome Advantage:
• Temporary "building" requiring no plans.
• Professional installation with after-sales service, maintenance and training.
• Comfortable and waterproof even in severe weather conditions.
• Moveable space with high resale value.
• Portability offers a wide variety of locations – Your vision, your view.
• Levelling system for uneven surfaces.
• Brandable exterior.
• Efficient cooling and heat extraction designs.
• High load capacity with unlimited positions for rigging.
• Easy access for rigging due to the clearance between structure and membranes. (Supa and Mega Domes)
• Safety – minimum 120 Km/h wind speed rating.
• No wind noises due to highly tensioned membranes.
• High snow loading potential.
• Low maintenance.